First, thank you Joe so much for taking time to talk with us.
- For anyone not familiar with your band, how would you describe Violent Life Violent Death?
Of course, and thank you for taking the time to talk to us too. VLVD is aggressive and heavy, with no real box we fit in. The music we write is the result of all the music we grew up listening to and loving – everything from punk rock, to early 2000’s hardcore, to metal…you name it. We try to take some of those sounds and put a new school edge to them, and it’s something we’ve been having a lot of fun with it.
- You recent video for Come Heavy Breath depicts a lot of death, violence, and chaos with a sprinkle of happiness towards the end, was this the thought process going in to making it provocative?
We sure did, and I’m glad you noticed that. We wanted to take people through a whole slew of emotions with the video and song, while ending it on somewhat of a lighter note (emphasis on “somewhat,” haha). We tried to portray this same thing with our new album as a whole as well.
- Your new album comes out this Friday June 29, 2018, how long was the writing process?
Basically we just wrote a few songs here and there until we had 6 and decided to make an album out of them. It was pretty easy going process that lasted about 8 months before we hit the studio.
- Did you already have songs when you finally got in the studio or did you write these on the spot?
We always have our material thoroughly hashed out and ready to go before we hit the studio. We feel doing it this way gives us a far superior opportunity to come up with the best material possible, versus rushing something in the studio that you don’t have a whole lot of time to think about and reflect on.
- What is you favorite song off the album and why?
Man that’s a hard one. We try to give each song its own personality to stand out on its own, and there’s so many parts in every song that I think turned out really well. But if I had to pick one, it would probably be either “Backbiter” or the title track “Come, Heavy Breath.”
- Any tours/festivals you can talk about for fans to catch you live?
We have two shows we’re especially excited for in the next month – The first being Queen City Metal Fest here in Charlotte, NC this Saturday, June 30th…and the second on July 21st with our good friends in Hopesfall who recently reemerged with a new album that sounds killer from what they’ve released so far. I believe that one might be sold out though. We have a tour in the works for this fall, but as of now we can’t discuss any details.
- If you could pick 3 other bands to tour with, who would you pick and why?
Probably Vein, Vatican, Revenge Season to name a few. They’ve all dropped some killer records lately that we’ve enjoyed. Revisionist out of Kansas is another we’d love to hit the road with, as well as Death Card from Nashville.
- What do you hope to accomplish with your music?
We just want to play as much as we can and get our music out to as many people as possible and see what happens.
- Where can people find you online?
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Spotify, Youtube, iTunes, Bandcamp…all your normal outlets. All you have to do is type our name in each of those and we’ll pop up. (see below for links to Violent Life Violent Death)
- Any last words of what fans can expect in the near future?
We’re on a mission to play as much and write as much as we can. So follow us on facebook, instagram, youtube, etc to stay in the loop!
Thank you for your time and I wish you the best!
FOLLOW VIOLENT LIFE VIOLENT DEALTH ONLINE: